Whether you have a student studying for their first ACT or retaking it with hopes of getting their dream score, we at Lyon would like to give your students an opportunity to address their need for ACT preparation by hosting our 10th annual Outdoor and ACT Prep Camp, May 31 - June 3, 2020. This camp is intended for rising juniors and seniors.
Students will get a taste of the Lyon Education & Adventure Program (LEAP) and will receive specialized ACT instruction by Stephen A. Leake, President of College Prep Coach, Inc. http://collegeprepcoachlittlerock.com/Class_Info.html
With over 30 years of experience in high school education and standardized test preparation, Mr. Leake offers students a unique opportunity to maximize their testing ability.
Combining Mr. Leake’s morning and afternoon sessions (12 hours total) with a rotation of outdoor activities including zip-lining, bouldering, ropes courses, sand volleyball, ultimate frisbee, water bouncy house/slide, a trip to Batesville’s Aquatic Center and more; we’ve built a unique camp that will not only strengthen students’ character and team-building skills, but also their ACT performances. Each year this camp has produced an average 3-point increase in students’ ACT composite scores!
Our Outdoor and ACT Prep Camp fills up quickly, so please encourage your students to take advantage of this opportunity before it’s too late. To register, students simply need to complete our online form at http://www.lyon.edu/ACTcamp. The camp fee is $350 before May 1 ($400 after May 1), which covers the test instruction, all activities, and room/board.
Below is a quick and tentative camp schedule (full schedule can be found online):
- Afternoon: Check-in
- Evening: orientation, ice-breakers, BubbleBall tournament, dinner, ACT Prep Session (2hrs), bonfire/s’mores, glow-in-the-dark ultimate Frisbee
- Day: ACT Prep Sessions (2-1/2hrs) and All Access Outdoor Campus: bouldering, high ropes, zip-lining, kayak polo, sand volleyball, H20 Smackdown, downtime
- Evening: dinner, ACT Prep Sessions (2-1/2hrs) and access to Becknell Gymnasium: kickball, dodgeball, whiffle-ball
- Day: ACT Prep Sessions (2-1/2hrs) and All Access Outdoor Campus: bouldering, hiking and mountain biking, disc golf, high ropes, rope swing, slack-lining, 100ft slip-n-slide, pool time, downtime
- Evening: dinner, ACT Prep Sessions (2-1/2hrs), Laserlight Glow Rave!
Your students should be sure to bring the following items so their stay is as enjoyable as possible:
- Bedding—We won’t be sleeping outside, but a sleeping bag and pillow will make for quick and easy bedding for residence hall bunk beds. Otherwise, twin XL bedding is needed.
- Toiletries—toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, etc.
- Closed-toed athletic shoes—Shoes you can do athletics and sporting events in
- A good, reusable water bottle—We’ll be spending time in the heat, and we want everyone to stay super hydrated
- Changes of clothes—We’ll be in a cool auditorium part of the time and the hot outdoors part of the time, so bring cool, comfortable clothes along with a sweater or pullover
- Swimsuit and spare shoes—Unless you love wet jeans and wetter shoes, you’ll want spares for use all the water activities we have in store for you.
- Medical, Trip, and Ropes Course waivers (www.lyon.edu/ACTcamp) Completed copies must be received before students can check-in!
I hope to see many of your students for our 10th annual Outdoor and ACT Prep Camp!